A lot of people might not be concerned about their house being on Google Street View, however they should. Google Street View allows strangers to learn a lot about your home. They can learn things like what cars you drive (along with their license plate numbers), what's in your garage, and much more. And with Google Street View there’s even a feature where people can take a virtual drive through any neighborhood. Now why should this be alarming? It's because a burglar could use that information to make your house their next target.
Fortunately, there is an easy way to eliminate this concern. And this can be done by having your house blurred out. To do this follow the steps below:
- Go to Google Maps.
- Type in your address.
- Click on the picture of your house.
- Look at the bottom right corner of the screen and click “Report a problem.”
- Drag the picture and zoom in or out until your house is inside the red box.
- Under “Request Blurring” select “My home.”
- Type in your email address, click the button verifying you’re not a bot, and submit.
- Wait a few days, and check again to see if your house has been blurred.
Also, by using the same form you can blur out a face or a license plate as well.
Now, it's important to know that once your have Google blur something out, it’s permanent and there is no undoing it. So make sure that this is really what you want to do before going through this process.