Buying a firearm online from BlackStar Survival is easy and painless. We have assembled a detailed instruction guide on how to purchase your first or your 100th firearm on the web with no hassle. Our professional staff is available via email to guide you through the entire process.
Follow this six-step guide outlined below:
- CHOOSE FIREARM
- ADD FIREARM TO SHOPPING CART AND CHECK OUT
- LOCATE A LOCAL FFL DEALER
- HAVE FFL EMAIL SIGNED FFL LICENSE
- WE SHIP YOUR FIREARM TO YOUR FFL DEALER
- YOU PICK UP YOUR FIREARM AT YOUR FFL DEALER
If you have previously purchased a firearm online – the simple steps below will refresh your memory on the process:
- Locate the firearm(s) on our site.
- Place them in the shopping cart.
- Locate an FFL dealer in your area to accept your firearm transfer. Please make sure the item is legal and that the dealer will accept the transfer before placing the order. Find an FFL Dealer in your area. If your dealer is not on file, place dealer name, address, and phone number in box provided for you.
- Have FFL dealer email ([email protected]) a copy of a valid and signed FFL license (The email should include your Name and your order number with us. California orders should also include a CFLC number).
- Once all the paperwork is received, your order will be prepared for shipment.
- The order is sent to one of our regional warehouses to be filled usually within 24 hours M-F.
- Once shipped you will be emailed a tracking number. Please note that your order may ship from multiple locations and receive more than one tracking email.
- Some FFL dealers will notify you when your shipment arrives, and with some you may need to call them after you see that UPS/FedEx delivered your firearm.
- You will need to go the FFL dealer’s physical location to fill out ATF paperwork to complete the transfer.
RETURNS AND EXCHANGES OF FIREARMS:
You should take all necessary steps to inspect your firearm prior to completing the transfer. All firearm sales are final. Once the firearm is transferred into your name, we will not be able to accept it back as a return or exchange for any reason. If the item is found to be defective after the transfer is completed, you will need to contact the manufacturer of the firearm to repair or replace it.
BUYING FIREARMS ON THE INTERNET GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS:
Federal law stipulates that firearms may only be shipped from one FFL dealer to another one. As an individual, you either have to maintain a valid FFL dealer license or have your firearm shipped to a business, agency or an individual who is a holder of a valid FFL.
You must also be 21 years of age or older at the time of the transaction if you are purchasing a handgun. If you are purchasing any other firearm you must be 18 years old at the time of transaction. By submitting your order, you are formally acknowledging that you are familiar with your local regulations and you are of a legal age to engage in the transaction.
Customers Responsibilities – when purchasing firearms online from BlackStar Survival it is your responsibility to:
- Ensure and comply that the firearm you are purchasing is legal to own in your state. Verify legality and any other transfer details prior to purchase.
- Contact receiving FFL dealer to make sure they are aware about the arrival of your firearm at their location.
- Contact receiving FFL dealer to schedule pick up of your firearm(s).
- Complete all necessary paperwork when you pick up your firearm from the receiving FFL dealer.
- Be aware that your local FFL dealer may have a processing fee to complete the transfer (if unsure of the amount – call your dealer in advance). This fee is paid directly to the receiving FFL dealer at the time of the transfer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How much do FFL dealers charge to transfer a firearm?
It depends on the dealer. Most dealers will charge $25 dollars for the service. You need to check with your FFL dealer that will be receiving the firearm to find out their exact rate.
What do I put in the SHIP TO address during checkout when purchasing a firearm online?
You have 3 options for SHIP TO field:
- If you have a valid FFL – enter the address that matches the address on your FFL
- If you have a gun shop, pawn shop or gunsmith with a valid FFL that you have done business with before – enter their address into SHIP TO field.
- If you do not know a local FFL dealer – we can help you locate one.